It bears repeating – 30 to forty per cent of all foods is squandered.
I was a guest on the Nutrition Diva Podcast exactly where we chatted about food stuff waste and how we can all get a appear at our present purchasing, cooking and food stuff waste behaviors and consider small alterations.
Foodstuff squander is responsible for about 6-8% of all greenhouse fuel emission. Even however there are a lot of details throughout the offer chain that lead to food waste, you and I can do our part. Imagine if each and every residence squandered just a pound significantly less of foods just about every working day? That adds up when it will come to what is in your municipal landfill!
3 Swift Zero Waste Cooking Strategies
- Obtain much less. Only set foodstuff into your grocery cart that you have a plan for.
- Keep it right. Understand additional about storing new deliver, best by dates, and use your freezer to maintain food.
- Use it all. Obtain new recipes. Use leftovers in artistic methods. Cook dinner from the pantry and freezer.
What Else Can You Do?
Foods squander isn’t just undesirable for the earth. In excess of 10 per cent of People in america are meals insecure, and managing foodstuff in different ways could have a constructive effect. There are a couple basic techniques you can acquire.
- Lessen meals waste in your kitchen. Check out out my new ebook to study how.
- Motivate others to squander considerably less meals.
- Donate to Feeding America® or your nearby food stuff lender.