A weekly series where we share our family’s actual Mediterranean diet meal plan, along with a few things we’ve been loving this past week. The goal is to simply share meal and recipe ideas.
Our Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan
We share our family’s weekly meal plan simply for meal ideas and recipe inspiration for anyone else looking for suggestions. Please keep in mind that every family and person is different and this is just what works for us.
We’ve saved all our previous weekly meal plans in one convenient location – Weekly Mediterranean Diet Meal Plans.
How We Meal Plan
We go more in depth on how we go about planning meals in this post – Meal Planning Guide but just to quickly summarize –
- Breakfast is usually pretty standard in our house so I don’t include it on our meal plan list
- My kids either bring a bagged lunch or buy hot lunch at school so I only meal plan for my lunch (and my husband if he is working from home that day)
- I include notes on some days to indicate if the meal is something we have to make quickly, on the go, etc. This really helps when it comes to planning meals and buying food to know our schedule in advance.
- On Saturdays we typically eat leftovers and eat out for lunch or dinner. I indicate that on the meal plan each week but just in case you were wondering
What We Ate This Week
This was our first week back from a 4 week RV Road Trip across the US! Needless to say it was a great trip, but I’m happy to be back.
When we got home from our trip, we made it a goal to try and just create meals from foods we had on hand in our fridge, freezer and pantry. So, some of our meals might seem like a strange mix, but that was the goal.
The links below are from the recipes that we enjoyed this past week. Some recipes don’t have links because there either isn’t one or it isn’t really a recipe we use (for example…we don’t have a recipe for spaghetti and meatballs).
What We Loved this Week
Since we didn’t really go to the store this week, I would have to say that I loved canned goods the most this week!
Some of the canned goods that really saved us were –
- canned beans
- slivered almonds, pistachios, walnuts
For more on the go meal options, check out this post – Mediterranean Diet Travel Meal Ideas. It’s where we shared what we ate on the road, including some of our favorite grab and go snacks.
(Visited 6 times, 6 visits today)
Last modified: July 20, 2022